10 Things to Review as You Compare Homes
Moving ahead with home buying plans? A first step is to make a list of lifestyle questions to help narrow down your “must-haves,” as well as consider trade-offs that fit within financial parameters?
- Do you have a preference for housing style? Detached? Semi-detached? Townhouse? Condominium Apartment?
- Do you enjoy older “heritage” homes, or modern architecture?
- Do you enjoy yard work? Or would you prefer someone take care of the landscaping?
- Are you often away from home?
- Do you frequently entertain or regularly have house guests?
- Are you a “handyman” or do you even want to be?
- Are you comfortable with a Condo Board making decisions about the complex on behalf of your investment?
- Do you want to live near transit? Schools? Shops?
- How near do you want to be to your neighbours?
- Do you want to be close to the action? Or are open-areas more your style?